Monday, June 29, 2009

first peanut butter +jelly sand-o


our doctor has said (on multiple occasions) that a child doesn't need to eat peanut butter...ever. but, i disagree. many people suffer from food allergies, but neither pete nor i (or anyone in our families) falls into that category. and i think peanut butter + jelly sandwiches are the BEST because they don't require refrigeration, they transport well, and are inexpensive. they are also a sure-fire snack or meal that most children enjoy - rather than banking on the restaurant having something your child will eat or that you'll be able to stop exactly at meal time, etc. so, with that said (and i have way stronger beliefs that what i'm actually mentioning), jack had his first pb+j. and loved it!



4 comments:

devon lorraine ... said...

i think the pictures say it all! pb&j is a winner!

Renee said...

He will become an addict like my children. Me? I only eat my peanut butter with chocolate!

Laura said...

I usually try to get close to the two year mark~ though with my third child it didn't go that long~ but my kids never like them the first time I make them. I blame it on the fact that they had to go so long without it in their little lives. It always takes them quite awhile to come around the liking the texture of peanut butter. Also handy~ cream cheese and jam sandwiches (though not quite as long lasting outside the fridge, they can go for awhile).

Leslie said...

i literally think that might be what i want for lunch today.