Saturday, July 6, 2013

'round the home

we've done a couple projects around here to spruce up the place:

I painted the vanity in the kids bathroom a pretty red by Annie Sloan (Annie Sloan chalk paint in emperors silk with clear wax). I'm not in love yet, but I think ill get there!!
We got patriotic! Inside entry, front porch.
I added this scroll to the empty spot in the front triangle of our roof. We also replanted the area below.
In the world of gardening, we added more 'mommy's favorite' plants - hydrangeas - to the existing one. This isn't a great picture, but they are there! White this time.
I painted this gossip bench that I picked up for $1 (yep, one!) at a garage sale. Also ASCP in empowers silk with clear wax.
After debating with les & Dianne about the wording for the vinyl above the sink (Eat your damn peas! being the favorite) I went with 'heart of the hime' in Italian.
The mantle was switched after Easter to a spring/summer theme.

now I have ony about 500 things left on my to-do list! Ha!

No comments: